Polypropylene (PP) or polypropene is a polymer, more specifically a thermoplastic, derived from (plastic) recyclable propene or propylene.
Polypropylene is a type of plastic that can be moulded using only heat, in other words, a thermoplastic. Its properties are very similar to polyethylene (PE), but with a higher softening point.
- High resistance to chemicals and solvents
- Easily moulded
- High resistance to cracking due to bending or fatigue
- Good resistance to impacts over 15 ºC
- Good thermal stability
- Flexible packages
- Bags for grains and fertilisers
- Plastic chairs
- Plastic cups
- Packages and containers for chemical products